Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 2014 Debt Update

Do not go back and look for the June 2014 Debt Update, because it does not exist.  In May, we made a minuscule payment on loans (<$25), and after we paid for repairs on two cars, we bought a computer.  No worries, though, June came and, in addition to our regular monthly payment, we were able to make a massive payment on loans ($3500) due to long-term disability insurance payment.  As I'm writing this, we have just over $7300 left to pay off loans.  No kidding!!
 
Fifth 10K Chunk, started 4/17/14
fundraising ideas

And, with six months left to go this year, we have a plan for getting the rest of Eli's undergrad loans out the door.  This is a very exciting time for us!

My one concern this month is with envelope money, and only because I've set a precedent the last two years in July by losing my envelope money that was still in the bank envelope (2012) and the entire envelope system (2013).  I guess this is what happens when I'm left at home without a routing for a couple of months, haha.  Here's hoping I can break this horrid curse and have a good month!

Cheers!

No comments: